If you have followed the pre diet instructions, then today will be the 4th day of the master cleanse. But the truth is that this is actually the first day of the actual master cleanse. Whether you have finished the cleanse for the first time, 2nd day or even countless amount of time, the first day of the master cleanse can fill you with mixed emotions.

More often, you will have a surge of motivation that keeps you excited about day 1 hence most likely you will have no trouble doing the cleanse. But if you have no go through the pre diet, you may suddenly have a strong desire to eat as time goes by. Maybe breakfast and lunch is still alright but when it comes to the night time, you will feel the cravings haunting you.

Most people have trouble drinking the salt water flush for the first time, but you must still drink it. If you have trouble drinking it, don't give up because it gets easier every time! Add more water to dilute it if you can't swallow it but makes it harder every time.

Support our daily journals by either sharing with us your experience or clicking the "like" button above!

For day 1, you may want to prepare the lemonade in the morning so that you can keep the lemonade fresh. Do take note that after 8 hours, the lemonade may turn bad even if you have kept it in the refrigerator. To the people who have just started, the making of the lemonade can be challenging although it is actually quite easy. But with close instructions on the internet, you should have no trouble making the lemonade.

To those who just embark on the 1st day of the master cleanse, we wish you good luck and congratulation that you embark on the journey to cleanse your body.

Do post your experience in the comment section to help everyone with the cleanse.

1. proverb31woman

I want to try the master cleanse, but I am afraid I am not going to have the will power. I was wondering if I could eat grapefruit at all on the cleanse. I have read all the testimonies and some made me laugh and it is good to have support of people who are doing or have done the same thing. It lets me know i would not be alone on this cleanse.

2. Emma

@Lavender : Yes and no, you will feel tired some of the days, but if you keep yourself motivated and energized, the first day should be of no problem. Did you have a rough night the day before?

Do come back and post your daily journal to share with us your experience. =)

3. Emma

@Keshava : I’m afraid that adding ginger and turmeric juice won’t be the original master cleanse at all. As this is a cleanse, I don’t think you should be adding the benefit.

For the salt water flush and laxative tea, it would do be wise to drink the salt water flush in the morning and the laxative tea in the night to ensure successful bowel elimination.

4. Lavender

Today is my first day on the master cleanse. I got through the morning alright, but deffinitely starting to get hungry towards the evening. I want to stick with it for about 10 days. Is it normal to be really tired on the first day? Just wondering about this, and if it gets better. Thanks.

5. Keshava

First day of the master cleanse! I did reduce my diet prior to cleanse but did not do follow pre-cleanse instructions, So far so well, I drank the tea last night and felt it effects this morning. I have a busy schedule so the salt water may have to be drank in the late evenings or very early mornings. I’m really excited to start the cleanse and not hungry at all, the mixture tastes good. I appreciate the information about the cayenne going bad, as I will not add it if I have to pre-make the lemonade. Question: would it be okay to add ginger or turmeric juice to the mix for added benefit?

6. Emily

ok so i want to start the master cleansing diet, i bought everything that i will need.. but before i start the diet i have a question!
    -how many times do i drink the lemonade? is it just once a day? ok in the morning i drink the sea salt with empty stomatch but how long do i wait to drink the lemonade?would it take me to the bathroom right away?
    can someone help me with this! Thanks

I’m going to try to journal here for myself and anyone else that it may help. My first day is coming to a close. Night time is definitely worse, especially when my husband grilled chicken for dinner. The lemonade helps the cravings though. I’ve been tired all day, but I just started my period so I think that may have something to do with it. It’s 9:30 and I’m going to have my tea and hit the hay.

8. Wishful

Today is my first day…. broke a rule and got the grade A organic. Oh well! i will at least get rid of something.

• admin

@Wishful : It should be fine getting grade A organic – as long as you bought organic maple syrup..

9. Brittney

OKAY SO starting today. Eeeek so nervou but excited.
    A lady at work did it and lost 10 pounds in 7 days so that sounds pretty cool to me!

10. Jomoke

Today is my first day! I’m super excited and have yet to decide if I am only going to do it for 3 days like I planned or the 5 which is what I said would be a long time for a fast of this sort…BUT now as eager as I am I feel like I want to try 10 days! I will log on this website even if I fail! Thank you for providing the much needed information and support.

11. admin

Hi Kat, maybe you can have a little more maple syrup and you can lick the maple syrup when you drink the lemonade to the last bit.

12. Kat

Ok, so I think this tastes kinda icky. Is there any way to tweak it to change the flavor a little? Either way, day 1 half way down and I’m dreaming of Taco Bell, but I’m stickin to this darnit!

13. Melissa

Cheyenne is a pepper in all grocery stores–it is by the regular salt and pepper.

14. Roscoe

Can limes be substituted for lemons? Also can you exercise while doing this ten day cleanse?

• admin

Yes you can use limes as well. However, we would still recommend lemons. And yes you can do exercise but do the light ones.

15. lolsmileyface

TARAN LOL You have to go exactly by the ingrediants!! No substitues at all!!

16. Emma

Taran: I’m afraid no.. Cayenne pepper is far better than paprika powder as well. Cayenne is very special and it is one of the most powerful herbs to the body. perhaps you can purchase online? where are you from?

17. Taran

Alright got it, thanks a lot. Would Paprika powder be a substitute for cayenne pepper?

18. Taran

Hi, I have a few questions. I wasn’t able to find any herbal laxative tea, and bought green tea instead…would that be alright? And, instead of cayenne pepper, i have crushed pepper flakes, the type we normally would season pizza with. Are my substitutions alright?

• admin

Hi Taran, definitely those are not the right substitutes. You can’t use green tea as green tea are usually caffeinated, and the crushed pepper flakes are definitely not the right substitutes for the cayenne pepper. Cayenne pepper is totally different from the crushed pepper flakes in the health benefits they bring to our body. And the crushed pepper flakes in pizza are usually together with other preservatives or other season which would interrupt the detoxification process.

19. lolsmileyface

Day 1 i’m excited and ready to lose weight and to see if this lemonade diet will work? My goal is to lose 15 lbs. Its hard for me to workout due to surgery on my arm (cast). DR. doesn’t want me sweating. So I have been eating and sleeping like the rest of the population. U have have picked up 10 lbs! Yeah tell me about it. Well the drink was easy to make, The pepper adds a serious kick and thee maple balances it out. I used regular lemons! wish u well kuljeet

20. Kuljeet

Hi,
    This is my first day on the cleansing regime. Made the mix and it tastes quite nice. The cayenne pepper gives it some kick. I’m definately going to have a bigger jug to mix it in, going to make it in the morning so it lasts all day.
    So first day and will report again tomorrow.

Take care