Post Master Cleanse: Breaking The Fast

This is also known as the easing out phase. As you have not eaten any food for 10 days, it is very important for you to break a fast carefully and properly.

Your metabolism rate slows down and your stomach has just adjusting to the ‘no food’ conditions. If you suddenly eat solid food, your stomach would not be able to function well. This would then lead to possible indigestion of food to your stomach and you may even feel nauseous and have constipation too.

You need to warm up your stomach, small intestines and colons again. Easing out is a phase to warm up your body organs again. Do keep in mind to have lots of water to keep your body hydrated at all times.

With that in mind, you may want to start off with eating close to liquid food like fruit juices and porridge on the first day if easing out.

Here’s some steps in breaking the fast:

Day 1: Drinking fruit juices (orange juice, watermelon juice, grapefruit juice). You can also have some very soft porridge. Sometimes people still continues drinking the lemonade mixture.

Day 2: Having some more juices and porridge, but you can have some salads and vegetables to slowly warm your body up.

Day 3: You may want to have some soft whole grain foods, more vegetables and fruits.

Day 4: The easing out phase is done. But it is advisable that to stay away from the meats and dairy products for a few more days.

Congratulations you have fully completed the master cleanse. With that, you may want to watch how your lifestyle is and eat healthy so that you will live a better life.

23 Responses to Post Master Cleanse: Breaking The Fast

1. mike says:

I’m on day 8 and already thinking about what I’m gonna eat on day 11. Is a spinach salad too much for easing out? I’m craving one like crazy. Also, I’m wanting oatmeal…is that ok in easing out phase?

Thank you, and thank you for this board and all your support!

mike in asheville

2. Prett says:

I want to begin the master cleanse, i have gastritis and on asthma drugs. I am concerned about the gastritis when i start using the cayenne pepper. Please advise

3. Liat says:

on day 11 of the master cleanse and feeling awesome. I miss food though hehe… So for first time, i think its enough, will continue with liquids for the next couple of days. Went to whole food to buy fruits and veggies and had an amazing shopping experience. My skin is radiant, had back and neck pains that had completely gone, waking up energized in the mornings. went through an emotional cleanse as well and really feel like i dropped a heavy baggage i had been carrying with me for quiet some time… FEEL HIGH ON LIFE.
    Liat

4. Deborah says:

I am now on day 7,really thought it would be worse,I feel great and my clothes are just not hugging me now,feels so loose. What about hypertension and the salt water flush,I told some friends and they concerned,they think that the SWF will let the blood pressure rise.

Please let me know

5. maggie says:

Can someone who has successfully done the ease-out phase tell me if you continue to lose weight during that time? Do you gain weight? Thanks!

6. Blessing says:

I am on my 8th day of the master cleanse, and I feel great. I have not really been hungry, but I just want some food. I am going to complete the 10days. I just want to be able to ease out of the cleanse in a healty way. I am planning of juicing the first day and maybe slowly adding fruits and veggies. Any help in this area will be appreciated.

7. thom says:

i am doing all researching before go into MC. while doing MC, no drinking alcohol allowed?

• Crystal says:

I do remember reading….absolutely no alcohol is allowed with the MC.

• Kayla says:

Absolutely nothing allowed beside the lemonade drink, laxative teas and salt water flush… The point of the cleanse is to rid your body of toxins and alcohol is a toxin.

8. moerytz says:

askrilla says:
    June 13, 2010 at 10:27 pm
    @Cat: I hope you are doing the salt water flush it is really important and it works! I am starting my 2nd MC tomorrow, I love the results but hate the process. Wish me luck…..lol

Gud luck, I am on the end of day 9..u will do it

9. askrilla says:

10. Christina says:

Everyone! I have completed the 10 days. I am currently easing in back to food. Yesterday afternoon I started juicing. For dinner I made a veggie broth with kale (but didn’t eat the kale bc I was unsure if solids were okay). Today Im juicing all day and planning on eating a veggie soup with tons of greens and lentils in it. Is this okay? Or is it too soon? Also, I wanted to add some probiotics in the form of yogurt into my body, since I did the SWF and was wondering if that was okay bc I dont have the supplements? Can I start that today as well or is it too soon? Sorry for all the questions, but I have my graduation dinner to go to tomorrow, so I want to be able to eat sensibly by then! It’s my party after all :)

11. Cat says:

I’m on day 3, and still havent had any bowel movement yet? Is this becasuse I’m too scared to attempt the salt water flush? I have been replacing that with parrafin laxitive and laxitive tea. Will this not work properly unless I use the SWF?

• admin says:

@Cat : yes, it is because you didn’t do the salt water flush. no matter what, you would need to do the salt water flush. If you felt that it is too difficult, try to dilute the solution at the start and slowly make it more and more tougher.

12. gretta says:

Hi , about to complete my 10th day on the MC, Peter Glickman was right the 1st 3 days was the hardest my head hurt for 3 days straight,plus not feeling well at all.after 3 days it was smooth sailing.Day 7 had a cold which lasted 2 days, also had the coated tongue.I am full of energy and never felt better and so alive.I also lost a lot of weight , my clothes are actualy droping off .I would recomend it to any one.All it takes is knowledge and will power.

13. Kathryn says:

Is it suppose to taste like crap? Maybe im just not mixing it right..

14. Matthew says:

Today is the 10th day of the master cleanse. I feel great but I am nervous about easing my way out of the cleanse. I’m afraid of doing to too quickly but at the same time would really want to eat again!

• Sean says:

I’m also on my 10th day, and I’m drinking OJ only. I was uncertain, and had some vegetable broth last night, and secretly took a small bite of my son’s bean and rice burrito. Don’t do it! Trust me, it all just comes right out. Take it slow is my tack now, and I am no expert, but I can definately say that the body is not ready for much right now. PS I’m HONGRY too!

15. buck says:

I am on the second day after the cleanse and am pooping like crazy. Must be the black bean veggie soup. Maybe the popcorn I had last night.

16. Emma says:

@MissMurray : My personal opinion is if you could avoid the birth control pills, do avoid. as you know, birth control pills are nothing but chemicals and why do you want to input chemicals into your body?

17. MissMurray says:

I am about to attempt my second Master Cleanse (the first one didn’t go so well). I, also, would like to know the answer to Collete’s question.

18. Colette Bartsma says:

This is my first Master Cleanse and I’m finishing my fifth day and feel pretty good. I get a few twinges of hunger but they are usually solved by drinking the lemonade or water and have found that it’s relatively easy for me to make my lemonade glass by glass by packing my ingredients and a small knife and citrus juicer in a lunch bag. It takes less than a minute and clean up in the bathroom is a breeze. However, I had a question about being on birth control while on the cleanse. I have an IUD (the one with low-dose hormone) and wondered if it alters the effectiveness of the cleanse. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.